11 November 2017
how to setup a current radicale on a server with no existing python 3000 and staying sane in the process.
- create a directory where the whole stuff will live, say
- install python3 to this directory
- download the current python3 release, extract it and cd to the extracted python sources
./configure --prefix=/srv/radicale/python && make && make install
- install virtualenv for your local python installation:
pip install virtualenv
- create a virtual environment:
cd /srv/radicale && virtualenv venv
- activate the venv:
- download the current radicale release, extract it and cd to the extracted radicale sources
- with the activated venv run
python setup.py install
radicaleshould be available as command in the activated venv.
configuring the whole thing is another story.